Friday, April 30, 2010

Rollin'

I think I'm getting the hang of this!  Feeling pretty good about my riding skills and comfortability on the MadAss, I mustered the confidence to ride her to work this morning.  I stayed off the main roads  90% of the time, and felt very safe. 
The skies threatened rain, but I was prepared to handle it well enough.  Luckily, I stayed dry on the ride, but I was happy to have my waterproof base zipped into my Joe Rocket jacket.    Even at 60F, cruising along without a windshield lets the wind cut right through layers of clothing. 
I threw an old messenger bag on my back with a few items I needed for work, and it stayed put nicely.  I didn't anticipate that being a problem anyways, since I have ridden road bikes and mt. bikes with that bag for years.  Timbuktu makes the coolest looking, most durable bags in the world as far as I can tell.
Now, just pray that the forecasted thunderstorms don't make my life miserable on the way home this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment